Good news, New Year’s Eve revellers. As per tradition, all TransLink transit services will be free after 5 pm on December 31 until 5 am on January 1.
SkyTrain service on all lines will be extended by one hour to accommodate those travelling to New Year’s celebrations across Vancouver.
SeaBus ferries will also see additional and later service. The last sailing from Lonsdale Quay will be at 2:02 am; the last sailing from Waterfront will be at 2:22 am.
A number of bus routes will also have their hours extended. Check the TransLink trip planner to see if your planned route is affected.
- Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver fireworks returns for spectacular countdown to 2018
- The only indoor New Year's Eve party in Vancouver with fireworks will be lit
- 8 bands already confirmed as performers at Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver
- 3 Vancouver shows that will help you end 2017 on a high note
- Show off your civic pride: Volunteer for Concord's New Year's Eve Vancouver
All fare gates will remain open during this time and customers should not tap Compass Cards or tickets after 5 pm. Customers who do tap in before 5 pm must tap out on SkyTrain and SeaBus to make sure they are charged the correct fare.
Festivities at Concord’s New Year’s Eve Vancouver in Canada Place Way and Coal Harbour begin at 6:30 pm and culminate in two fireworks shows.
First up is a five-minute Family Fireworks show at 9 pm, then comes the spectacular 12-minute Midnight Countdown Finale Fireworks show at midnight.
Free public transit in Metro Vancouver on New Year’s Eve
Free transit fares start at 5 pm on Sunday, December 31, 2017 and go until 5 am on Monday, January 1, 2018.
- Buses will run on a modified Sunday/holiday schedule; some routes will be adjusted to reflect ridership levels. Use the Trip Planner to check your route and bus times.
- SeaBus will run on a modified Sunday/holiday schedule, with extended evening service. The last sailing from Lonsdale Quay will be at 2:02 am; the last sailing from Waterfront will be at 2:22 am
- SkyTrain (Expo, Millennium, and Canada Lines) will run on a modified Sunday/holiday schedule, with more frequent trains throughout the evening. Last trains will be approximately one hour later. See the Last Train Schedule.
- West Coast Express will not operate.