The Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) is the latest organization to use the Pokémon GO augmented reality game to catch a boost for its business.
Organizers of the Fair at the PNE announced today that admission on opening day this Saturday will be free for the first hour of operations for Pokémon GO players. From 11 am to noon, players simply have to show their Pokémon GO app on their smartphone to pass through the fairground gates.
Additionally, there will be many Pokéstops on the fairgrounds, and organizers also plan on dropping numerous lures throughout the day.
- Fair at the PNE opening this Saturday in Vancouver
- 15 artists to headline The Fair at the PNE 2016 concert series
- 9 crazy new foods to try at the 2016 Fair at the PNE
- 154 places and counting: The ultimate Pokemon Go Metro Vancouver locations list
- 5 tips to help you level up in Pokémon Go
This is on top of the Fair’s already scheduled free admission days from 11 am to 1 pm on both Tuesdays, August 23 and 30, of the 15-day event.
New attractions at this year’s Fair include a world-class magic show, an Angry Birds experience, and a new Festival Park, adding to the SuperDogs, Craft Beer Festival, nightly concerts, crazy fun foods, and ride attractions.
Free admission into The Fair at the PNE for Pokémon GO players
When: Saturday, August 20, 2016
Time: 11 am to noon
Where: Pacific National Exhibition at Hastings Park (2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver)