BC health officials announced 677 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 175,819.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 6,165 active cases of COVID-19 in the province. Of the active cases, 288 individuals are currently hospitalized, 140 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
- See also:
New cases and total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 237 new cases, 1,948 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 102 new cases, 1,030 total active cases
- Interior Health: 153 new cases, 1,583 total active cases
- Northern Health: 99 new cases, 964 total active cases
- Island Health: 86new cases, 627 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, 13 total active cases
There has been one new COVID-19-related death in Northern Health, for a total of 1,866 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 86% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine; 78.5% have received their second dose.
167,416 people who tested positive for COVID-19 have now recovered.