Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges are coming to Vancouver to film a big budget Hollywood movie.
The Thor and Tron actors will be in the city early next year to work on Bad Times at the El Royale, a 20th Century Fox thriller by Academy Award-nominated director Drew Goddard.
According to What’s Filming, production is scheduled to occur in the city between January 29 and April 13.
The film is set in the 1960s in a dilapidated hotel in the Lake Tahoe region in California. Hemsworth is slated to play a cult leader while Bridges will be a convict doubling as a priest.
The film is scheduled for release on October 5, 2018.
- John Cho arrives in Vancouver to film The Exorcist season 2 (PHOTOS)
- The Rock enjoys late-night fun with fans in Vancouver (VIDEO)
- Hollywood North: Record $2.6-billion spent by film and television productions in BC in 2017
- Stephen Amell films Arrow at downtown Vancouver's old Canada Post building (PHOTOS)
- Riverdale's KJ Apa involved in Langley car crash after 16-hour day on the set
- Kevin Smith buys Timbits for Supergirl's Vancouver cast and crew (PHOTOS)