Warner Bros. is celebrating its 100th birthday with a candlelit Vancouver concert
FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
“You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.”
“You Shall Not Pass!”
Some of the greatest cinematic moments of the past century have been provided to fans by Warner Bros. Studios, with iconic characters like Scooby Doo, Willy Wonka, and Wonder Woman brought to life onscreen.
In celebration of the studio’s 100th anniversary, a candlelight Warner Bros. tribute concert is coming to Vancouver this spring.
The one-of-a-kind musical experience will be put on by Fever, with two evening shows on Friday, June 9.
View this post on Instagram
Tickets for Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros. range between $30 and $64, with the concerts being held at the Christ Church Cathedral. Other Canadian dates are set for Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal.
“The ‘Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros.’ concert series is a true celebration of storytelling, music, and creativity,” said Peter van Roden, SVP, Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment, in a release. “From the musicals that we know and love to the iconic films and television series that have shaped generations, Warner Bros. has long been a leader in entertainment, and we are thrilled to bring this unforgettable event to our fans and music lovers from around the world to honour this momentous occasion.”
The tentative 17-song setlist is as follows:
- The Wizard of Oz – Somewhere Over the Rainbow (1939)
- Casablanca – As Time Goes By (1942)
- Singin’ in the Rain – Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
- A Star is Born – The Man That Got Away (1954)
- Scooby Doo – Theme Song (1969)
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – Pure Imagination (1971)
- The Exorcist – Theme Song (Tubular Bells) (1973)
- Purple Rain – Purple Rain (1984)
- Batman – Main Theme (1989)
- Friends – I’ll Be There for You (1995)
- Selena – Dreaming of You (1997)
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Suite (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – Hogwarts’ Anthem (2005)
- Inception – Time (2010)
- Man of Steel – Flight (2013)
- Wonder Woman Suite (2017)
- A Star is Born – Shallow (2018)
“The fact that Warner Bros. has chosen Fever and Candlelight to celebrate such a significant milestone as a 100th anniversary gives us tremendous pride,” said Ignacio Bachiller, co-founder & CEO at Fever, in a release. “The ‘Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros.’ concert series will be held in some of the most unique venues worldwide, performed by talented local musicians and this mix will continue and reinforce the mission of introducing classical music to every taste.”
Candlelight: 100 Years of Warner Bros.
When: June 9, 2023
Time: 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm
Where: Christ Church Cathedral – 690 Burrard Street, Vancouver
Cost: Starting at $30, purchase online