The private express bus service running between select locations in Surrey and the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Point Grey campus is now just $6.50 each way per person when groups of three or more people are booked online.
Beyond Shuttle (BS) is offering discounts for a limited time until the end of October. Prices for groups of two people are also now $7.50 per person, and a single rider is $8.00.
The normal price each way is $10.00.
All bookings must be made in advance through BS’ free smartphone app, available on both iOS and Android.
The temporary price changes bring the service closer to TransLink’s three-zone adult fares, which are $5.70 for cash fare and $4.40 for stored value on a Compass Card. The private service is a one-seat ride and between 30 minutes and 60 minutes faster than TransLink’s services requiring multiple transfers.
All passengers are seated during the 75-minute, one-seat ride between 152 Street/72 Avenue in Surrey and 6088 Walt Gage Road (near the UBC Law building). The service makes 12 trips in each direction every weekday, about once every hour over a 12-hour span.
The brand new bus vehicles used feature free Wi-Fi, in-seat TV screens, overhead baggage racks, and comfortable leather chairs with seat belts.
TransLink approved the private service earlier this month, and it launched just last week.
- New Surrey to UBC express bus service now running
- New express bus service between Surrey and UBC approved
- 4 new B-Line routes to be launched in Metro Vancouver by end of 2019 (MAP)
- 6 more B-Line rapid bus routes planned by TransLink
- Opinion: LRT is all about Surrey's economic contempt for Vancouver
- Opinion: Rails in the street for Surrey LRT will only symbolize mobility
- Opinion: Surrey's obsession with light rail is a misguided pursuit of European ideals
- SkyTrain for Surrey calls for cancellation of LRT plans due to cost to taxpayers