Health officials in British Columbia are scheduled to provide a live COVID-19 update on Monday afternoon.
The announcement will include three reporting periods: Friday to Saturday, Saturday to Sunday, and Sunday to Monday.
BC’s last coronavirus update came on Friday afternoon, during which 516 new confirmed cases of the virus were reported, and a total of 7,122 active cases in the province were confirmed. There were also 227 people in the hospital, 57 of whom are in the ICU.
As of Friday’s announcement, 9,871 people are under active public health monitoring due to identified exposure to known cases.
- See also:
- New health order means mandatory masks for all restaurant patrons
- Household gathering restrictions now apply to all of BC
- BC health officials suspend all indoor HIIT, hot yoga, and spin classes
- All community gatherings and events banned in BC for next two weeks
- Masks now mandatory in all public indoor and retail spaces in BC
- BC health officials ask travellers to postpone recreational trips
Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix also announced several sweeping province-wide measures last week, as cases remain high.
The orders cover household gatherings, mandatory mask usage, community gatherings, travel, indoor fitness activities, and team sports.