BC health officials announced 150 new test-positive COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total number of recorded cases in the province to 149,259.
In a written statement, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix said that there are 783 active cases of COVID-19 in the province.
- See also:
Of the active cases, 44 individuals are currently hospitalized, 22 of whom are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
New and total active cases, broken down by health region, are as follows:
- Fraser Health: 32 new cases, 196 total active cases
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 17 new cases, 122 total active cases
- Interior Health: 95 new cases, 412 total active cases
- Northern Health: Three new cases, 14 total active cases
- Island Health: Three new cases, 35 total active cases
- Outside of Canada: No new cases, four total active cases
There have been no new COVID-19-related deaths, which leaves a total of 1,768 deaths in British Columbia.
To date, 80.7% of all eligible people 12 and over have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. In total, 6,637,241 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in BC.
There are two active outbreaks in BC. One is in long-term care at Holyrood Manor in Fraser Health, and the other is at Nelson Jubilee Manor in Interior Health.
146,700 people who tested positive have now recovered.