A low-rise residential building has been proposed to replace seven single-family homes near the southwest corner of East Broadway and Nanaimo Streets in East Vancouver.
Local developer Bucci and Rositch Hemphill Architects have submitted a rezoning application for the land assembly properties at 2542-2570 Garden Drive & 2309-2369 East 10th Avenue – about four blocks east of Commercial-Broadway Station.
The project calls for 68 strata titled residential units within a six-storey building reaching a height of 66 ft. There will be 73 underground parking spaces.
The design of the exterior extensively uses brick materials and wooden beams.
With a floor area of 58,899 sq. ft. on the 22,000-sq-ft lot area, the development is aiming to achieve a density of 2.65 times the site area (FSR).
This proposal is being considered under the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan.
- Redevelopment possible for Commercial-Broadway Station retail buildings
- 10-storey building with 93 homes proposed for Commercial-Broadway
- 'Vertical village' proposed for Commercial-Broadway Station's Safeway redevelopment
- New plaza over Grandview Cut envisioned for Commercial-Broadway Station
- 1949-built church on Cambie Corridor demolished for market housing