This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars, plus incoming establishments that should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Backyard Japanese Cuisine is newly open 254 Queen Street West where HoSu used to be.
- Bang Bang Burritos at 366 Bloor Street West opened earlier this month is serving up massive tortilla-stuffed bundles of joy.
- Founder Bar at 1282 Dundas Street West is now open and offering a menu featuring cocktails and snacks.
- Hype Food Co., a new quick-service spot for allergy-friendly eats is newly opened at 1060 Gerrard Street East.
- Infuse Café Bar, a new cocktail lounge specializing in tea-infused cocktails is now open at 354 Yonge Street.
- Porchetta & Co. has opened a new outpost in The PATH. The new location situated inside the Exchange Tower at 130 King Street West is open weekdays only and dealing in fried chicken and porchetta along with an all-new breakfast menu.
- Rosalinda a new plant-based Mexican spot from Max Rimaldi, Jamie Cook (both from Pizza Libretto, Entoeca Sociale) and Chef Grant van Gameren (Bar Isabel, Bar Raval, Harry’s Charbroiled, Tennessee Tavern) is now open at 133 Richmond Street West.
- Sang Ji Bao at 1 Byng Avenue in North York is now open and dishing out Shanghai-style pan fried bao.
- Chocollata Gourmet, Toronto’s first chocolate brigadeiro store is expected to open in the next few weeks in the Upper Beaches at 986A Kingston Road.
- Early Bird Coffee & Kitchen is expanding! A new location is opening soon at Brookfield Place at 181 Bay Street.
- Frilu Restaurant, a new fine dining restaurant at7713 Yonge Street in Thornhill is opening in June 2018.
- Garrison Creek is opening in Little Italy at 760 College Street this June.
- Popular Vancouver sandwich shop Meat & Bread is set to expand into Toronto although an address is still TBA.
- Miya Bhai is opening soon at 938 Bathurst Street, the address formerly home to The Tiffin Box.
- Narami Sushi is slated to open on Canada Day, July 1st at 119 Ossington Avenue,