This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should be on your radar.
Here are the newest restaurants opening in Toronto right now:
- Bar Hop 3 is now open at 681 Danforth Avenue, it’s the third outpost for the craft beer bar with a location on King West and also on Peter in the downtown core.
- Hero Certified Pizza is now open in Stockyards Village at 90 Weston Road, Unit 101.
- Labothéry, a newly opened “lab-themed” tea room is offering thirsty Torontonians the chance to customize their perfect bubble tea at 717 Bay Street.
- Vegan eatery Awai is opening a spin-off spot at 680 College Street.
- The Burger’s Priest is opening yet another location at 579 King Street West.
- Cops, a new spot for drip coffee and doughnuts is coming soon to the King and Portland area.
- Gazi MezzeBar is coming soon to 511 Danforth Avenue.
- Malaysian coffee bun chain PappaRoti is finally opening a location in downtown Toronto at 270 Spadina Avenue next to the incoming Gou Bu Li.
- Sukoshi Mart, a compact new Japanese convenience store is coming soon to 160 Baldwin Street.
- TapWorks Pub is in the works at 816 St. Clair West, the address was formerly home to Fresco’s Fish & Chips.
- Thor Espresso Bar is opening another outpost! The cafe is slated to open at 180 John Street sometime in 2018 while an international location in Tokyo, Japan is in the works for 2019.
- The Vegandale Bracitorium, Prohibition Pie and NYM are opening in Parkdale this summer as the neighbourhood’s vegan community has rechristened the area Vegandale.
- Hamilton shop creates donut with lemon-flavoured 'broken glass' after being vandalized
- Vegans are trying to rename Parkdale as Vegandale
- Go mad scientist at this new lab-themed DIY bubble tea room in Toronto