It’s the last weekend of summer. And while most of us dread this, it’s actually a great weekend for events around the city.
Some of these events, however, will require roads to be shut down for a period of time. If you’re heading out this long weekend, be sure to check for road closures before you go.
- 36 Toronto events worth checking out in September
- 15 stars who will be at the Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend
- Electric Island returns to Hanlan's Point for the long weekend
Fan Expo Canada
Front Street West’s south curb lane between John Street and Simcoe Street, Bremner Boulevard’s north curb lane between Lower Simcoe Street and the Metro Convention Centre driveway, and Lower Simcoe Street’s west curb lane from the InterContinental Hotel driveway to Bremner Boulevard will be closed at the following times for the Fan Expo Canada event:
• Thursday, August 31 from 8 am to 11 pm.
• Friday, September 1 and Saturday, September 2 from 8 am to 8 pm.
• Sunday, September 3 from 8 am to 6 pm.
Coxwell Avenue’s northbound curb lane from Eastern Avenue to Lake Shore Boulevard will be closed from Friday, September 1 at 12 am to Monday, September 4 at 11:59 pm to accommodate this event.
Labour Day Parade
The following downtown streets will be closed from 7 am to 2 pm on Monday, September 4 for the Labour Day Parade:
• University Avenue between Dundas Street West and Richmond Street
• Queen Street West from west of Bay Street to east of University Avenue
• Armoury Street from Chestnut Street to University Avenue
• Centre Street, from Dundas Street West to Armoury Street
Toronto Fashion Week
Hazelton Avenue will be closed from Yorkville Avenue to Scollard Street on Saturday, September 2 at 12:01 am to Friday, September 8 at 11 pm. Yorkville Avenue from Hazelton Avenue to Bellair Street will also be closed on Monday, September 4 at 12:01 am to Friday, September 8 at 11 pm for Toronto Fashion Week.