All the road closures happening in Toronto this weekend: October 4 to 6
It’s time to start planning your weekend, especially if you’re going to be heading downtown.
This weekend, there are a number of events and festivals resulting in road closures, including Nuit Blanche and CIBC Run for the Cure.
- See also
Here’s what to prepare for.
Partial and full road closures will be in effect due to expected event attendance and to improve free-flowing access to the art projects, giving pedestrians safe and easy access.
As a result, portions of the following streets will be closed to vehicles:
- Bay Street between Dundas Street West and Adelaide Street West – from 8 am Saturday, October 5 until 12 pm, Sunday, October 6.
- Queen Street West between Yonge Street and University Avenue – from 4 pm Saturday, October 5 until 10 am, Sunday, October 6.
- Fort York Boulevard between Ianuzzi Street and Fleet Street – from 4 pm Saturday, October 5 and 12 pm, Sunday, October 6.
Additional Downtown Closures
From 8 pm Friday, October 4 until 2 pm Sunday, October 6:
- Bay Street between Richmond Street West and Queen Street West.
- Dundas Square Street between Yonge Street and O’Keefe Lane.
- Fort York Boulevard between Angelique Street and Fleet Street.
From 8 am Saturday, October 5 until 10 am Sunday, October 6
- Borough Approach East between Borough Drive and Ellesmere Road.
- Borough Drive between Brian Harrison Way and Town Centre Court.
- Town Centre Court from south of the City of Toronto parking lot to Borough Drive.
CIBC Run for the Cure
This Sunday, October 6, there will be a series of road closures and lane restrictions in and around the run route. The roads on the route will close at 9 am and re-open at 12 pm. Friendly towing will be in effect on the route.
- Start Line: (UofT Property) Hart House Circle
- Eastbound: Hart House Circle Cross: Onto Wellesley Street
- West Eastbound: Wellesley Street
- West Southbound: Queen’s Park Crescent
- East – Northbound lanes Cross: College Street
- Southbound: University Avenue northbound lanes
- U-Turn: At Armoury Street
- Northbound: University Avenue southbound lanes
- Cross: College Street
- Northbound: Queen’s Park Crescent
- West – southbound lanes northbound: Queen’s Park
- Westbound: Bloor Street
- West Southbound: St. George Street
- Eastbound: College Street
- Northbound: King’s College Road
- Finish Line: (UofT Property) King’s College Circle