These are all the road closures happening in Toronto this weekend
The Toronto Christmas Market and the 115th annual Santa Claus Parade.
Those are the ingredients that go into a good weekend, but unfortunately, it also means more than a few road closures in the city.
So here’s where you should avoid if you’re planning on driving through the fun.
- See also:
Toronto Christmas Market – Distillery District
The following full closures will be in effect from November 14 to December 22, including this weekend.
- Mill Street from Cherry Street to Parliament Street
- Trinity Street from Front Street East to Mill Street
This event will involve full and rolling road closures on Sunday, November 17 starting as early as 7 am until as late as 6 pm to accommodate this event.
Major roads impacted include:
- Bloor Street East and West from Queen’s Park to Broadview Avenue
- Queen’s Park/Queen’s Park Crescent/University Avenue (all northbound lanes) to Wellington Street West
- Wellington Street West from University Avenue to Yonge Street
- Yonge Street from Wellington Street to Front Street
- Front Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street
- Lower Jarvis Street from Front Street East to Lake Shore Boulevard East
In addition, parade-related curb lane closures will occur on Sunday at the following locations and times:
- Front Street East from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street between 11 am to 6 pm
- Queens Quay East from Lower Jarvis Street to Parliament Street between 2 pm to 6 pm
- Lower Jarvis Street northbound curb lane and laybys between Esplanade to Lake Shore Boulevard East from 1 pm to 6 pm
The Holly Jolly Fun Run
This event will precede the Santa Claus parade and follow the same route, with the following additional closures on Sunday, November 17 from 8 am to 2:30 pm.
- Bremner Boulevard will be closed from York Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West
- York Street southbound from University Avenue to Bremner Boulevard