This weekly round-up spotlights Toronto’s newest restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
- Toronto resident proving King Street pilot area is hardly a ghost town
- Au Pied de Cochon is opening a second sugar shack for the 2018 season
- Doritos is about to drop an all-Canadian ketchup chip clothing line
Here are the newest restaurants to eat at in Toronto right now:
- Creeds Coffee Bar is newly opened at 1595 Bayview Avenue in Leaside.
- Duke Of Cornwall pub at 400 University Avenue is now open for business.
- Ex-Buca chef Ryan Campbell’s new Italian spot, Il Covo is now open at 585 College Street.
- Juanm0t0, a new South American snack bar, has taken over the kitchen inside Kensington Market’s Cold Tea bar at 60 Kensington Avenue
- Mister C, a new lobby bar has opened inside the Bisha Hotel at 80 Blue Jays Way.
- Toronto food truck Randy’s Roti & Doubles has opened a brick and mortar location at 876 Yonge Street in Yorkville.
- Agenda Cafe Snack Bar, from the folks behind Field Trip Cafe is in the works at 622 College Street.
- Vancouver-based, build-your-own salad and pizza spot, Assembli is planning to open the doors to their first Toronto location at 373 Church Street on April 2.
- A new location of Basil Box is already well underway at 5607 Yonge Street at Finch.
- Canada’s top-selling craft cider, Brickworks Ciderhouse, will be opening its location at 709 Queen Street East this February.
- Cheese Garden is opening two new locations, the first inside Skycity Shopping Centre at 3250 Midland Avenue in Scarborough, and another coming soon to Pacific Mall at 4300 Steeles Avenue East in Markham.
- The city above Toronto is getting a Denny’s! The American chain of family restaurants is going in at 25 Woodstream Boulevard, Unit 8, in Vaughan.
- Hong Kong chain of dessert houses, Smile Desserts is opening its first-ever Toronto outlet at 3262 Midland Avenue in Scarborough.
- Tacos Baos dishing out Asian tacos and fried chicken steamed buns is opening soon at 914 Bloor Street West.
- Straight out of Winnipeg, Za Pizza Bistro is opening its first Toronto location at 290 Adelaide Street West this March and more locations are planned for Vaughan and Mississauga as well.