On Saturday, December 21, 2019, officials reportedly began an investigation involving a white 1992 Cadillac DeVille in the area of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue, with assistance from the public.
Following an investigation and with a search warrant executed, officers say they recovered four firearms and ammunition, which may be linked to other offences.
Police reportedly seized the following:
- Brown and silver sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun
- Black SKS Arc Angel semi-automatic rifle 7.62 X 39 mm
- Black CZ 70 7.65 semi-automatic handgun
- Black semi-automatic handgun
- Assorted ammunition, (12 gauge; 45 calibre; 32 Calibre ACP, 7.62 X 39 mm)
David Leonard Abraham, of Toronto, was arrested on January 7 in relation to this investigation. He has since been charged with:
1) Four counts of Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
2) Three counts of Possess Prohibited/ Restricted Weapon or Prohibited Device Knowing No Authority X 3
3) Four counts of Possess Firearm, Etc. Obtained by Crime
4) Four counts Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm without Holding a Licence and Registration
5) Four counts of Use/ Handle/ Store Firearm, ETC. Carelessly, and one count of each of:
6) Use/ Handle/ Store Ammunition Carelessly
7) Possession of a prohibited weapon (brass knuckles)
8) Tampering With Serial Number
9) Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- See also:
Anyone with further information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online on Facebook, or by texting TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).