There are major road closures in Toronto this weekend: May 12-13
A spring weekend is coming up in Toronto, which means events and road closures will be taking place.
In addition to streetcar work that will see some transit shifting, here are the closures this weekend, May 12 and 13.
University of Toronto Science Rendezvous – Saturday closures
St. George Street from College Street to Harbord Street will be closed in both directions from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 12 to accommodate this event.
Meagan’s Walk – Saturday closures
Elizabeth Street from Elm Street to Gerrard Street West and Elm Street from SickKids parking garage entrance to Elizabeth Street will be closed from 4 am to 4 pm on Saturday, May 12 to accommodate the Meagan’s Walk event.
Sporting Life 10k – Sunday closures and delays
Yonge Street between Lawrence Avenue and Eglinton Avenue will be closed from 4:30 to 10:30 am on Sunday, May 13 to accommodate the formation area for the Sporting Life 10k run.
Along the route for the run, closures will occur between 7:30 and 11:30 am at the following locations:
• Yonge Street between Eglinton Avenue and Richmond Street
• Richmond Street from Yonge Street to Peter Street/Blue Jays Way
• Peter Street/Blue Jays Way between Richmond Street and Front Street
• Front Street between Blue Jays Way and Bathurst Street
• Bathurst Street between Front Street and Fort York Boulevard
• Fort York Boulevard between Bathurst Street and Fleet Street
Drivers can expect delays on Lake Shore Boulevard at Fort York Boulevard as runners enter Coronation Park.
Note: After all runners pass an intersection, that intersection will reopen to traffic in the area. It is expected that all roads will re-open by 12:30 pm.