Toronto’s getting ready to ring in 2019, and with that comes some road closures.
On Monday, December 31, the city will be hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration at Nathan Phillips Square. The events will feature a skating party, live performances and a pyrotechnic show from the towers at City Hall.
Road closures will be in effect in the area from Monday, December 31 from 5 pm until Tuesday, January 1 at 2 am.
The details of the closures are as follows:
– Elizabeth Street closed between Foster Place to Hagerman Street
– Hagerman Street closed between Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
– Albert Street closed between James Street to Bay Street
– James Street closed between Queen Street West to Albert Street
– Bay Street closed between Dundas Street West to Richmond Street West
– Queen Street closed between Yonge Street to University Avenue
– York Street closed at Queen Street West
The 501 Queen Street streetcar and the 6 Bay Street bus will be also diverted from the area. Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes.
And remember: the TTC will be free all night long!