Win or lose, game days are more delicious with Uber Eats. Download the Uber Eats app today to order the meals you love from your favourite restaurants. Let’s Eats, sports fans!
As Toronto sports fans descend downtown today, they should be aware of the various traffic restrictions and increased police presence in place in the Scotiabank Arena and Rogers Centre area.
The Raptors will be playing the Orlando Magic on home court at the same time the Jays are at Rogers Centre hosting Kevin Pillar and the San Francisco Giants.
Additionally, MLSE will be screening the Leafs’ game seven against the Boston Bruins at Maple Leaf Square, as part of a joint tailgate party for Leafs and Raptors fans.
Road closures are expected to begin at 2 pm around Scotiabank Arena, and then 5 pm around the Rogers Centre.
Closures will continue until the tailgate party around Scotiabank Arena has concluded and the Blue Jays game has concluded at the Rogers Centre.
- There's a massive joint tailgate party for the Leafs and Raptors tonight
- 5 things the Leafs need to do to finally win a Game 7 in Boston
- Leonard's monster night carries Raptors to easy victory in Game 4
Road closures and restrictions:
- York Street closed between Lake Shore Boulevard and Front Street
- Bremner Boulevard closed east of Grand Trunk Crescent
- All other restrictions, in place since the beginning of baseball season and playoffs, will continue
Pick-up/drop-off areas for accessible vehicles:
- Bay Street near Gate 1
- Gate 7 Access: Rees Street, northbound from Lake Shore Boulevard West
- Gate 13 Access: Blue Jays Way in front of the Marriott Hotel
Access for residences and business into the area of Scotiabank Arena will be from Lakeshore Blvd northbound on York Street, with egress from the area, westbound along Bremner Blvd.
The public may also notice other enhanced security measures in the surrounding area, including an increased police presence and/or the use of other public and private sector resources.
While there is no imminent threat at this time, security issues are closely monitored and changes will be implemented as required.
Fans are encouraged to use public transit or carpool during tonight’s games.
Learn more about Content Funding at Daily Hive