This weekly round-up spotlights new Toronto restaurants and bars plus incoming establishments that you should have on your radar.
Here are the newest places to eat in Toronto right now:
- Copper Branch, a chain specializing in 100% plant based foods (AKA vegan) is now open in the food court at Commerce Court, 199 Bay Street.
- James Cheese Back Ribs is newly opened at 409 Spadina Avenue in Chinatown. It’s the first Toronto outpost from the popular international chain of Korean restaurants.
- Midtowners looking to slurp back noodles can now head to Kinton Ramen at 90 Eglinton Avenue East. It’s the eighth outpost for the sprawling chain.
- Lab Sense at 526 Yonge Street is now open and serving up ice creams made with liquid nitrogen in monthly featured flavours like Sea Salt Caramel, Matcha, and Yuzu Orange Greek Yogurt.
- Menya Fuji, and new Japanese noodle house has replaced Kkorae at 3 Finch Avenue East.
- Mister Frenchy is now open at 675 Danforth Avenue and is serving up French Tacos, pressed baguettes, Croque monsieurs, and sandwich roulé.
- Taiwanese chain Monga Fried Chicken is now in business, serving up fried chicken and baorgers from its location at 692 Yonge Street.
- Chinatown just gained another destination for bubble tea with the opening of One Zo Tapioca at 399 Spadina Avenue.
- Ama, a new Argentinian bar and restaurant, from the owners of Chef food truck, is opening at 930 Queen West (until recently Cadillac Jenkins).
- Butter Baker is coming soon to 118 Dundas Street West. The new bake shop dealing in sweet and savoury pastries is opening next to the income Pablo Cheestart outlet.
- Bar Selona, presumably a Spanish spot is going in at 2 Trinity Street in The Distillery District (formerly Tappo Wine Bar).
- Toronto Life reports that chef Rob Rossi is teaming up with David Minicucci of L’Unita to open Giulietta at 972 College Street (formerly Bestellen).
- Impact Kitchen is expanding! The quick serve spot known for clean, nutrient-rich dishes is opening a second location on the corner of Adelaide and Brant.
- Mayrik, a new spot for Eastern Mediterranean eats is in the works at 1580 Bayview Avenue.
- French Tacos are about to make their debut in Toronto
- Toronto is getting a new Argentinian bar from Che food truck
- Brando's Fried Chicken is having a pop-up this Sunday