A 50-year-old Mississauga man is facing 100 charges following an investigation into the distribution of controlled substances and possession of firearms.
According to Toronto Police, in late 2018, members of the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force began the investigation which resulted in the arrest of Hewan Wilson.
Search warrants were executed at his home in the Hurontatio Street and Sherobee Road area and to his 2018 Toyota Highlander vehicle.
- Man wanted for sexually assaulting passenger on TTC (PHOTOS)
- Man wanted for assault and robbery on King Street West
- Dashcam captures dramatic crash of motorist apparently texting and driving (VIDEO)
It is alleged that police seized 7 handguns, 3 shotguns, 6 rifles, 4 kilograms of heroin (street value of approximately $400,000), a half ounce of cocaine, proceeds of crime, and two over-capacity magazines.
On Sunday, February 24, Wilson was arrested and charged with:
1) 29 counts of Careless storage
2) 17 counts of Possession of Weapon Obtained by Crime
3) 16 counts of Possession of a Firearm
4) 16 counts of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
5) seven counts of Possession of Loaded Firearm
6) four counts of Possession of Firearm Tampering
7) four counts of Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle
8) two counts of Possession of Prohibited Device or Ammunition
9) two counts of Possession of Property Obtained By Crime Over
10) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Weapons
11) two counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Heroin
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Monday, February 25.