There’s a gigantic, magical holiday festival taking over Canada’s Wonderland right now, and it’s your last week to see it before the holidays come to an end.
To ring in the festive season, the park transformed itself into a massive celebration of all things both wintery and fun. The event is only on until December 31, however, so time is running out if you’ve yet to experience the magic for yourself.
WinterFest activities include ice skating on Snow Flake Lake in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, live holiday shows, strolling performers, select family rides, and interactive attractions like cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, writing letters to Santa at the North Pole Post Office and creating take-home keepsakes at Sally’s Christmas Crafts.
- See also:
According to the park, they feature eight whimsical WinterFest worlds, including Tinsel Town, the North Pole, Elf Village, Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town, Candy Cane Lane, International Street, Season of Lights and the Christmas Market – where shoppers can find unique, artisan gifts and festive foods.
In all, WinterFest has more than 30 holiday attractions.
Some of the live entertainment includes:
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: This upbeat musical tells the story of Tinker the elf, who has to deal with some sudden changes in Santa’s Workshop that put his beloved old-fashioned toy-making in jeopardy.
- Cool Yule Christmas: This high-energy, fun-filled show covers all your favourite Christmas pop songs.
- What the Dickens?!: The cast performs their version of the holiday classic ‘A Christmas Carol.’
- The Mistletones: This bubbly trio performs classic Christmas tunes reminiscent of the 1950s.
- A PEANUTS Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in this enjoyable sing-along celebrating the most wonderful time of the year!
When: On until December 31
Where: Canada’s Wonderland
Tickets: Start at $21.99 and are available online