All eyes will be on the sky this weekend, as the Canadian International Air Show (CIAS) is set to soar above the CNE grounds.
To celebrate its 70th year, the CIAS will wow crowds with a new show that will include the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows, as part of their North American Western Hawk 19 tour.
- The most outrageous foods coming to CNE 2019
- These are the top 10 must-see attractions at the 2019 CNE
- There’s an American Ninja Warrior inspired race coming to the CNE
The Red Arrows are recognized as one of the world’s premier aerobatic display teams, having performed close to 5,000 times in 57 countries since 1965, according to the CNE.
Also featured in the 70th-anniversary show is another stellar aerial acrobatic jet team, the beloved Canadian Forces Snowbirds.
The Snowbirds return to the CNE to electrify crowds with their extraordinary aerial manoeuvres performed by nine amazing pilots who come from across Canada.
So far, these are the confirmed performances:
- The Royal Air Force Red Arrows
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds
- Canadian veteran Gord Price in the Russian-built Yak 50
- USAF A-10
- USAF Black Hawk Helicopter SAR Demonstration
- MiG 15
- Brent Handy in a Pitts Special
- RAF A400M
- RCAF Griffon
- RCAF CH-148 Cyclone
When: August 31 to September 2
Time: 12 pm to 3 pm
Where: Above the CNE grounds
Daily Hive Toronto is a proud community sponsor of the CNE 2019