There’s a new reason to head to Canada’s Wonderland during the winter season.
Canada’s Wonderland is transforming the park into a magical winter — you guessed it — wonderland for its new immersive, holiday event, and it all kicks off starting today.
WinterFest officially opens on November 22 and takes place on select dates until December 31. Winter festival-goers will experience enchanting themed areas adorned with more than five million holiday lights, festive décor and three 15-metre-high Christmas trees.
“This is Canada’s Wonderland like you’ve never seen it before,” said Norm Pirtovshek, general manager. “WinterFest will be one of the country’s most spectacular winter events where friends and families can create memories and new traditions during the holiday season.”
🍭 Talk about EYE CANDY! 😍 Here is a sneak peek of Candy Cane Lane.
# Thursdaytreat pic.twitter.com/2VCNaXWwsa
— Canada’s Wonderland (@WonderlandNews) November 22, 2019
WinterFest activities include ice skating on Snow Flake Lake in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, live holiday shows, strolling performers, select family rides, and interactive attractions like cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, writing letters to Santa at the North Pole Post Office, and creating take-home keepsakes at Sally’s Christmas Crafts.
❄️A magical winter wonderland is ONE sleep away. 😮 WinterFest is opening its gates tomorrow at 5pm. Share if you are excited for WinterFest!
— Canada’s Wonderland (@WonderlandNews) November 21, 2019
- Canada’s Wonderland named one of TIME’s 100 “Greatest Places” in 2019
- Here’s a sneak peek of some holiday foods at Toronto’s Aurora Winter Festival this year
- Everything you can enjoy at Canada’s Wonderland’s new winter festival
According to the park, they will feature eight whimsical WinterFest worlds, including Tinsel Town, the North Pole, Elf Village, Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town, Candy Cane Lane, International Street, Season of Lights and the Christmas Market — where shoppers can find unique, artisan gifts, and festive foods.
In all, WinterFest will feature more than 30 holiday attractions.
Some of the live entertainment includes:
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: This upbeat musical tells the story of Tinker the Elf, who has to deal with some sudden changes in Santa’s Workshop that put his beloved old-fashioned toy-making in jeopardy.
- Cool Yule Christmas: This high-energy, fun-filled show covers all your favourite Christmas pop songs.
- What the Dickens?!: Watch a cast performs their version of the holiday classic ‘A Christmas Carol.’
- The Mistletones: This bubbly trio performs classic Christmas tunes reminiscent of the 1950s.
- A PEANUTS Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in this enjoyable sing-along celebrating the most wonderful time of the year.
WinterFest is going to be LIT! 🎄
💡 Join us at 5:30 pm on WinterFest nights for our upbeat song-and-dance spectacular as we light our two 50-foot-tall trees in front of Snow Flake Lake.
📅 For park hours please visit: https://t.co/GICbi7NHH8#WinterFest #CanadasWonderland pic.twitter.com/HkLyki6Ze4
— Canada’s Wonderland (@WonderlandNews) November 18, 2019
When: Select days from November 22 to December 31
Where: Canada’s Wonderland
Tickets: Start at $21.99 and are available online