CNN just published a round-up of the world’s best Christmas markets and Toronto’s very own Distillery Winter Village made the list. It was one of only two markets listed in North America.
Drawing in thousands of visitors a year, the Distillery Winter Village was rebranded last year from the Toronto Christmas Market, but has basically remained the same.
With its 50-foot Christmas tree, handcrafted gifts, Christmas carollers, and over 75 different retailers and restaurants, it is one of the city’s most popular and anticipated holiday traditions.
Here is CNN’s complete list of the best Christmas markets taking place in 2022:
- Wiener Christkindlmarkt, Austria
- Basel Christmas Market, Switzerland
- Strasbourg Christmas Market, France
- Brussels Winter Wonders, Belgium
- Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square Christmas markets, Prague, Czech Republic
- Fira de Santa Llucia, Barcelona
- I Mercati Natale, Piazza Santa Croce, Florence
- Advent in Zagreb, Croatia
- Christmas in Tivoli, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tallinn Christmas Market, Estonia
- Skansen’s Christmas Market, Stockholm
- Tuomaan Markkinat, Helsinki
- Vörösmarty Square and St. Stephen’s Basilica Christmas Market, Budapest, Hungary
- Christkindlesmarkt and Gendarmenmarkt, Germany
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, London
- The Distillery Winter Village, Toronto
- Winter Village at Bryant Park, New York
The Distillery Winter Village is currently open and runs through December 31 this year.
There is free entry to the market during weekdays, but tickets are required after 4 pm on Fridays through Sundays.
Tickets are available for purchase online starting at $11.