Toronto's legendary Barberian's Steak House is opening a spin-off

Aug 8 2018, 9:50 pm

Toronto’s legendary Barberian’s Steak House is opening a spin-off!

Taking over the former address of the Black Angus Steak House in Etobicoke, Harry’s Steak House revives the name of the former Toronto institution located at Church and Granby Streets.

According to Toronto author and history buff, Doug Taylor the OG restaurant “was another enterprise of Harry Barbarian, who owned the famous steakhouse on Elm Street. The prices were more modest and the steaks were almost as good. Because Maple Leaf Gardens was a few blocks south of it, it was very busy on nights when the Leafs played home games.”


City of Toronto Archives: Fonds 1526, File 8, Item 30

While an official opening date for the new Harry’s is still TBA, the kitchen is already in soft opening mode and testing the menu.

According to a post on Instagram, “Harry’s is an homage to the late, great Harry Barberian,” and will offer “the same magic Barberian’s has blessed Toronto with for the past 59 years.”

Harry’s Steak House

Address: 3277 Bloor Street West, Toronto


See also
DH Toronto StaffDH Toronto Staff

+ Dished
+ Restaurants & Bars
+ Food News