The Government of Canada has added nine more hotels at Montreal’s Trudeau Airport to its list of ones approved for international arrivals to quarantine in.
The government initially approved four hotels for each city near Canada’s busiest airports and has added new options as of Monday, March 1.
Since January 7, travellers have been required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken at least 72 hours before their flight. As of February 21, travellers are required to book a stay at one of the government-authorized hotels for at least three days before they enter the country.
- See also:
Accommodations will cost $2,000 per person – which includes the cost of private tests and the hotel stay.
Travellers who receive a negative test result can go home to quarantine with enhanced supervision. But those who test positive will be taken to a government quarantine facility.
Logging flight and accommodation details through the ArriveCAN app will also be mandatory.
Individuals who provide inaccurate information could be fined up to $750,000 and face 6 months of jail time.
Bookings can be made directly through the hotel or online in specified locations. Here is the government’s updated list of approved quarantine hotels in Montreal:
- Baymont by Wyndham Montreal Airport
- Comfort Inn Dorval
- Comfort Inn Pointe-Claire
- Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport (previously approved)
- Days Inn by Wyndham Montreal Airport Conference Centre
- DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal Airport
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal Airport (online booking available)
- Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Montreal Airport (previously approved)
- Marriott Courtyard Airport Montreal (online booking available)
- Marriott Residence Inn Airport Montreal (online booking available)
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal (previously approved)
- Ramada Plaza Hotel
Note that the Aloft Montreal Airport has been removed from the government’s authorized hotel list.
To book your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover, incoming travellers to Montreal are asked to call 1-800-294-8253.
Travellers will be able to choose from the listed hotel locations and are required to provide:
- Traveller name(s)
- Date(s) of birth
- Arrival city and date
- Payment information
- Special requests and accessibility concerns
- Pet information
Travellers will receive an email confirmation of their accommodation within four hours of booking.
The efforts are put in place hoping to deter Canadians from non-essential travel. The government has specified that the costs associated with the hotel quarantine, including food, transportation, and control measures would be at their own expense.