In what seems like a weekly problem, navigating through the Turcot Interchange this weekend will require skill, patience and pre-planning.
Multiple ramps, exits and roads will be closed this weekend, the majority of which will shut down on Friday at midnight and will stay closed until Monday morning at 5 am.
If you’re attempting to get off island, take note of the following road closures:
- Highway 15 (South/Decarie Expressway) to Route 136 (East) (Downtown)
- Highway 15 (South/Decarie Expressway) to Highway 20 (West)
- Highway 15 (North) to Highway 20 (West)
- Route 136 (West) to Highway 15 (North/Decarie Expressway)
- Highway 20 East to Highway 15 (North/Decarie Expressway)
- Exit 63 from Highway 20 (West) to the Mercier Bridge/Route 138
Take note that the Bonaventure Expressway will only have one lane open heading towards the Champlain Bridge from 5 am on Saturday until 5 am on Monday.
Exit 53 off of Highway 10 will also be closed from 10 pm on Friday until 5 am on Monday.
In regards to the Turcot, remember to plan accordingly from November 9 to 12 as the heart of the interchange will be closed due to the dismantling of the old Highway 15. The only part of the Turcot that will remain open is the Highway 15 south.
- Montreal expecting mixture of snow, ice and freezing rain this weekend
- This is what the newly renovated Berri-UQAM station will look like (RENDERINGS)
- Site preparation for Montreal's $1.7-billion mega-mall is underway
- Opening of the new Champlain Bridge just got pushed back another 6 months