January isn’t going down without a fight.
Even more snow is on its way and gusting winds will blow it all around… again.
- Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for Montreal
- Cherry blossoms are already blooming in this Canadian city (PHOTOS)
- 5 reasons having a car in Montreal during winter is the worst
- Snowplow helps car get out of snowbank rather than burying it even more (VIDEO)
“Approximately ten centimetres of snow is expected through tonight,” says the weather alert. “Winds gusting to 50 km/h could also produce blowing snow locally.”
The weather website says that travelling will be difficult due to reduced visibility because of falling and blowing snow.
“Be prepared for changing conditions that could deteriorate rapidly,” concludes the statement.
The alert, issued in the early hours of this morning, is in effect for the following areas:
- Châteauguay – La Prairie area
- Laval area
- Longueuil – Varennes area
- Montréal Island area
As Montreal continues to struggle from the blizzard of two weekends ago, make sure to stay safe when travelling. Environment Canada urges citizens to monitor weather alerts and updates and to be diligent on the roads.