Everybody loves the great outdoors.
And everybody loves movies.
Everybody also loves free stuff.
Why not fuse them all together?
That’s exactly what the Cinemania Film Festival will do from June 28 to August 22 all around Montreal.
Eight different outdoor venues will host nine selected French films throughout the summer. The selected films have all enjoyed audience and critical success and have been screened at various festivals including Cannes, TIFF and Berlinale.
The original French-language versions of the films will be screened and will feature English subtitles.
- Thursday, June 28: NDG Park, 9 pm: Au Revoir La-Haut (2017) Drama/Crime (See You Up There)by Albert Dupontel
- Tuesday, July 3: Park La Fontaine, 9 pm: Dans Les Forets de Sibérie (2016) Drama/Adventure (Siberia) by Safy Nebbou
- Tuesday, July 10: Maison de la Culture, 7 pm: Monsieur Chocolat (2016) Biography (Chocolat) by Roschdy Zem
- Saturday, July 15: Village au Pied-du-Courant, 9 pm: La Jeune Fille Sans Mains (2016) Animated/Drama (The Girl Without Hands) by Sebastien Laudenbach
- Saturday, July 21: Sofitel Hotel Terrace, 9 pm: Petit Paysan (2017) Drama (Bloody Milk) by Hubert Charuel
- Tuesday, July 24: Park La Fontaine, 9 pm: Victoria (2016) Drama/Comedy (In Bed With Victoria) by Justine Triet
- Thursday, July 25: Park des Compagnons de Saint-Laurent, 9 pm: Le Sens de la Fete (2017) Comedy (C’est La Vie) by Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano
- Tuesday, August 7: Maison de la Culture, 7 pm: Médecin de Campagne (2017) Drama/Comedy (Irreplaceable) by Thomas Lilti
- Tuesday, August 14: Peace Park, 8:30 pm: Le Grand Bleu (1988) Drama/Comedy (The Big Blue)by Luc Besson
- Wednesday, August 22: Park Saint-Laurent, 8:30 pm: Monsieur Chocolat (2016) Biography (Chocolat) by Roschdy Zem
Though every venue varies in terms of seating and vendors, movie-goers are encouraged to bring their own chairs, snacks, pillows, and blankets for the ultimate outdoor movie experience.
In the event of rain, the evening’s screening will be cancelled.
Visit the Cinemania Film Festival website for more information.
- When: June 28 to August 22
- Time: Varies according to selection
- Where: Varies according to selection
- Price: Free