In what seems like a never-ending problem, the Quebec Transport Ministry has issued major weekend road closure warnings for the Decarie Expressway.
The Ministry is warning that traffic will be extremely congested due to the work on the Turcot Interchange.
The heavy traffic is expected to start on Friday at 10 pm and persist until Monday, August 6 at 5 am.
— Turcot (@MTQ_Turcot) July 30, 2018
Among the closures are the following:
- Highway 15 South between Sherbrooke and Turcot will be completely closed
- Avenue Royalmount, Jean-Talon, Cote-St-Luc Rd. and Avenue Girouard entrances to the Highway 15 South will be completely closed
- Exit 66 to downtown and the Champlain Bridge from Highway 40 will be closed
- Highway 15 North between Exit 63 and the Edouard-Montpetit entrance will be closed
- Off-ramp to Highways 20 and the 132 will be closed
- Exit to Rue St-Laurent Ouest will be closed on Thursday morning from 12:30 am to 5 am
Officials also warn drivers that several exits from the Jacques-Cartier Bridge between the Verdun exit and the Queen Mary exit will be closed on Thursday morning for paving work.
The Quebec Transport Ministry has warned drivers that they need to be patient.
Coupled with the expected heat for the weekend, sitting in traffic for hours doesn’t sound like the nicest way to spend the off-days.
We’d recommend avoiding the highways altogether this coming weekend or, given the constant road work and traffic, maybe invest in a helicopter.