Tourism Whistler’s mission for this multifaceted article campaign was to educate BC residents about the resort’s gradual reopening amid the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure guests felt secure returning to enjoy the thrill of Whistler’s natural environment.
Our team created a content series focused on discovering a new pace in Whistler, hosted on a dedicated Tourism Whistler content hub. Each article promoted the messaging of adventuring differently at the BC destination while informing our audience about the local businesses, stores, restaurants, activity providers, and hotels that had reopened in Whistler.
Special attention was paid to the inclusion of COVID-19 protocols and measures being implemented by individual businesses within the town. All articles wrapped with a CTA to visit the Whistler Doors Open Directory to learn more before travelling.
- 14 spots you can currently dine in and take out in Whistler
- 10 of Whistler’s hotels and properties now open and accepting guests
- 20+ outdoor tours, golf courses, hikes, and more currently open in Whistler
- Without international visitors, Whistler becomes a playground for locals
- 25 shops now open in Whistler where you can do some retail therapy
- Whistler reopens safe transit options to get you to and around town
- Spas, salons, and wellness spots have now reopened in Whistler
- Here’s how you can stay in Whistler for less than $95 a night
This series resonated with an audience interested in pursuing travel within BC. Its corresponding social posts across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter allowed for greater article exposure and higher engagement, resulting in 452,752 social impressions.