FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Fri, September 25, 6:15pm
Big Art Drive-In at TELUS Spark
Starts at $25.00
Thu, October 1, 12:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Thu, October 1, 5:30pm
Sun, October 11, 12:00pm
Starts at $54.00
No matter what you’re in the mood for, there are lots of things happening around Calgary this weekend.
- What: This is no ordinary Easter egg hunt! For two weeks, the CORE will be hosting a mall-wide Easter egg hunt, for Adults. Inside each egg, you will find exciting vouchers for gift cards, baskets, and swag from the CORE retailers. Stay tuned on Instagram and Twitter to find clues as to where the Easter Bunny is hiding the eggs!
- Where: COREShopping – 333 7 Avenue SW
- When: April 3 to 15
- What: Founded by Insane Clown Posse (ICP), Juggalo Weekend is a two day festival featuring hip hop performances, wrestling, and circus acts. This year ICP has partnered with Calgary-based promotion company, True Rhythm, to bring a Juggalo Weekend to Canada for the first time.
- Where: Stampede Corral – Saddledome Rise SE
- When: Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8
- Cost: Weekend passes from $155, Single day from $85
- What: Sporting Life is launching an in-store speaking series in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday. On Saturday, Julie Redmond – fashion stylist and owner of style by jr kicks off the series with the workshop Styling 101. The talks are designed to inspire community members to take advantage of everything Canada has to offer this summer. All talks are completely free to attend – attendees just need to register in advance.
- Where: Sporting Life, Southcentre Mall – 100 Anderson Road
- When: Saturday, April 8
- What: It’s not common to see political and hilarious used to describe something in the same sentence, but in this instance, it’s more than appropriate. Laugh until you cry as 1979 Prime Minister Joe Clark, decides whether or not he should put his first budget before parliament, as everyone, including his wife, Brian Mulroney, Pierre Trudeau advise him not too, in this riveting, hilarious political comedy.
- Where: Martha Cohen Theatre – 215 8 Avenue SE
- When: April 4 to 22
- Cost: $25 -$72
- What: Find yourself a coveted, one-of-a-kind treasure vintage sale put on by the Heirloom Program at Heritage Park. Twice a year they clean out their storage room and sell the unique items that are no longer needed for programming to help raise funds for other park initiatives. Antique furniture, old fashioned toys, classic jewelry and precious china, you never know what sort of gem you may just stumble upon from the past!
- When: April 1 to 9
- Where: Heritage Park, Celebration Tent – 1900 Heritage Drive SW
- Cost: suggested donation of $2
- What: Have you been desperately trying to get your hands on one of these beauties, but find they are always sold out? Popular doesn’t even begin to describe these stunning mountain shelves created by Needle and Pine right here in Calgary. Go early and shop their entire collection on April 8th at Outside the Shape.
- Where: Outside the Shape – 1222 10 Avenue SE
- When: April 8
- What: In the mood to check out some great art made by local artists? Head over to The Calgary Sketch Club Art Exhibition and you won’t be disappointed. Water colour, pastel, acrylic, oil and a lot of other artwork will be featured.
- Where: Dalhousie Community Centre – 5432 Dalhart Road NW
- When: April 8 from 10am-4pm
- What: Calgary’s only tube park is the largest of its kind in Western Canada and it opens for the season on Saturday, December 17. The park is located on the main hill, which allows tubers to take advantage of the washrooms, eateries, retail store and other amenities located in the Frank King Day Lodge. It features 10 lanes, each of which are 200 metres in length.
- Where: WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park – 88 Canada Olympic Road SW
- What: Make It! Calgary is back and better than ever! Grab a friend and come stroll the 175 local makers and artists being showcased at this exhibition. From clothing, accessories, art, home decor, delectable eats, baby and kids items and more, you’ll be sure to come home with some beautiful treasures that are unique and one-of-a-kind. Support the makers of our community and help our local economy continue to boom!
- Where: Big Four Building – 1410 Olympic Way SE
- When: April 7 to 9
- Cost: $5
- What: Venture over to the grounds for a day of entertainment and fun. On Saturday, watch impressive, cute, and highly trained dogs herd sheep into a pen by the sound of a whistle. On Sunday, watch the Calgary Stampede Spring Extreme Cowboy Race.
- Where: Agrium Western Event Centre at the Stampede Park
- When: April 8 and 9 from 10am to 4pm
- What: 2016 was the year of music here in Calgary, and the music industry in our city is now booming as a result. Spend date night at one of the many venues on YYC’s Music Mile, between Inglewood and East Village, and be entertained by some of our city’s best local talent at a live show, while enjoying a few drinks with your significant other. See the list of venues and performances here!
- Where: Music Mile – between Inglewood and East Village
- Cost: FREE
- What: It’s been a good season for the Calgary Roughnecks, so come and join them for their last few games of the season!
- Saturday, April 8 at 7 pm vs. Buffalo
- What: Grab the ladies and head to the BMO Centre for another year of The Calgary Women’s Show, aka the ultimate girls day out! The show will feature two days of special appearances from Jason Thompson and Gina Tognoni, along with two fashion shows, drink samples in the Wine Garden, boutique shopping, educational seminars and so much more! Proceeds from the event will be going to support Alberta Guide Dogs, as they are this year’s charity of choice.
- Where: The BMO Centre – 20 Roundup Way SW
- When: April 8 to 9
- Cost: Day Pass – $40, 2-day Pass – $20
- What: UofC’s School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) is excited to present the 2017 Taking Flight festival. For over a decade Taking Flight has celebrated the creativity and emerging talents of our students, undergraduate and graduate alike, by showcasing their broad range of projects across the performing arts. In addition to our regular Drama performances, this years festival has expanded to include an interdisciplinary performance, the popular [email protected]Noon and [email protected] events, as well as several Music concerts.
- Where: University of Calgary
- When: March 27 to April 8
- Cost: Admission varies per event
- What: Calling all Trekkies! Having opened on February 4, Star Trek: The Starfleet Academy Experience will be at TELUS Spark until June 4, 2017. Upon entering the exhibit, you’ll become a Starfleet Academy cadet recruit.
- Where: TELUS Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- When: Now until June 4, 2017
- Cost: Adults $29.95
- What: This is an event that kids look forward too, year after year! The Children will have the opportunity to hear the Easter Bunny tell his magical tale and then the children will be off to hunt down their eggs. There will be a variety of different stations and activities for kids to interact with, including a photo-shoot area where you could win $100 credit towards your day camp fees when you post your photo on Facebook!
- Where: Butterfield Acres – 254077 Rocky Ridge Road NW
- When: April 8,9,14,15
- Cost: Adult – $15, Children – $13
- What: Aaron Pollock picked up a violin at age 6 and has never looked back! A native Calgarian, Aaron is currently working on his passion for music in the country music industry with John Mayer influenced guitar riffs and a baritone voice such as Josh Turner’s. See him perform at the Kokanee Kabin at Lake Louise, while celebrating the last few runs of the season.
- Where: Lake Louise – 1 Whitehorn Road, Lake Louise Alberta
- When: April 8 and 9
- Cost: Included in lift ticket
- What: Courtesy of Lolë Calgary, the Core will be hosting free ballet barre classes every Sunday in April at 11am, taught by H/W School of Ballet. Bring your water bottle, yoga mat and towel, and prepare to sculpt and tone that beach bod for summer!
- Where: COREshopping – 317 7 Avenue SW
- When: Every Sunday in April beginning April 2
- Cost: FREE
Go for brunch!
- You can never go wrong with Sunday brunch, or rather brunch on any day of the week! It makes for a great date or if you looking for a place to catch up with old friends that won’t break the bank after the holidays. Bonding over benny is a real thing! Here are a few spots that are either new to Calgary’s brunch scene or are not your classic brunch spots that you have been to millions of times before.
- Ten Foot Henry
- Alforno Bakery and Café
- Phil and Sebastians on 8th Avenue SW
- OEB Breakfast Co. on 5th Avenue SW
- Bridgette Bar
- Starbelly Open Kitchen + Lounge
- Native Tongues Taqueria