The Auburn Bay Parade of Light will light up Calgary this Saturday, December 1.
Coming back for the fifth consecutive year, the dazzling parade will feature 20 floats, a 5 km loop, complimentary hot chocolate, and a visit by jolly Saint Nick himself.
- This hotel made of ice should be on every Canadian’s bucket list
- This year's ZooLights display looks spectacular (PHOTOS)
- 5 places where you can find the perfect Christmas tree in Calgary
LED necklaces and wands will be on sale from the Foothills Soccer Community Association for $2 and $5 respectively, and a Fan Favourite vote will be held on parade night to determine the best float of the night.
A clothing drive will also be held in support of the Children’s Cottage Society’s Crisis Nursery during Parade Night, and it is stated on the Auburn Bay Community Association website that the following items of clothing are much needed:
- Winter jackets/hoodies (all ages)
- Socks (girls and boys, all ages) – new
- Underwear (girls and boys, sizes 3-5, 4 to 11 years) – new
- T-shirts (girls and boys, all sizes, winter)
- Pyjamas (girls and boys, all sizes, winter)
- Jogging pants (girls and boys, all sizes)
- Sweatshirts (girls and boys, all sizes)
- Pants (boys, 2 to 10 yrs)
- Newborn mittens and hats
The Parade of Lights starts at 5 pm and can be viewed from anywhere along the loop shown in the map:
Organizers ask would-be attendees to refrain from parking along the parade route.
When: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Time: Starts at 5 pm from Auburn House (the S on the map)
Where: Auburn Bay Boulevard SE, Calgary