FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Every November 11 Canadians across the country take time to pay their respects to our fallen soldiers.
Calgary will be hosting multiple ceremonies throughout the city for residents to attend, along with implementing some changes to city services on Monday.
On Remembrance Day, all veterans in uniform or with their identification cards will be allowed to ride transit for free along with their accompanying family members. Calgary Transit will be operating at a Sunday level of Service this Monday.
- See also:
On-street parking will be free on November 11, and holiday rates will be in effect for parkades and select surface lots.
All city-run arenas as well as all City of Calgary Aquatic and Fitness Centres will be closed for Remembrance Day.
Southland Leisure Centre will be open on Monday for a Stick and Puck drop-in from noon to 1:30 pm, while public skating will be held from 12:30 to 2 pm.
Sticks, Pucks, and Rings will be held at Village Square Leisure Centre from 1:45 to 3:15 pm, as well as a public skate from 2 to 3:30 pm on Monday.
Some roads will be closed on November 11 due to ceremonies being held at Memorial Drive Field and Central Memorial Park, including the following:
- Memorial Drive N.E. / N.W. will be closed between 4 Street N.E. and 3 Street N.W. from 9 am to 1 pm
- 12 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 4 Street S.W. and 2 Street S.W. from 9:30 am to noon
- 13 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 4 Street S.W. and 2 Street S.W. from 9:30 am to noon
- 4 Street S.W. will be closed between 12 Avenue S.W. and 13 Avenue S.W. from 9:30 am to noon
Crowchild Trail will face the following closures on Saturday, November 9:
- 2 am to noon: Single-lane traffic along southbound Crowchild Trail before and after the Crowchild Trail and Kensington Road NW intersection (this work includes lane closures along both eastbound and westbound Kensington Road N.W. before and after the intersection)
- 9 am to 1 pm: Full closure of the eastbound Bow Trail to 10 Avenue S ramp
- 10 am to noon: Watch for a mobile crew working along southbound Crowchild Trail over Bow Trail
All three of Calgary’s city landfills will be open for business on Monday, November 11.
City of Calgary customer services will be closed throughout November 11 with the exception of Calgary Transit Access Trip Booking (24 hours), and Calgary Transit Access — Dispatch line for same-day service (6 am to midnight).