EA Sports is predicting that all of your dreams are about to come true, Leafs fans.
For everyone else, a nightmare?
The video game company based out of Burnaby, BC has released its annual NHL 19 season simulator ahead of the start of the NHL season on Wednesday. The simulator runs through the regular season and playoffs.
Not only will the Toronto Maple Leafs finish atop the Eastern Conference, they’re going to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1967, according to EA.
They’re also going to do it on home ice.
In Game 7.
Toronto is predicted to beat Erik Karlsson and the San Jose Sharks in the Cup Final, with new Leafs centre John Tavares winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP.
News isn’t as good for other Canadian NHL teams.
The Ottawa Senators are predicted to finish last overall in the NHL standings – and by a wide margin. Last in the West, and third-last in the overall standings, are the Vancouver Canucks. The Montreal Canadiens aren’t much better, predicted to finish one spot higher than Vancouver.
EA is predicting that the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers will miss the playoffs for a second-straight year. For Edmonton, this comes despite a Hart Trophy season for NHL scoring leader Connor McDavid.
The only other Canadian team the simulator sees making the playoffs are the Winnipeg Jets, but they’re getting ousted in the second round.
Here’s the full list of predictions:
EA Sports NHL 19 predictions
- Toronto Maple Leafs – 116 points
- Tampa Bay Lightning – 112 points
- Boston Bruins – 108 points
- Washington Capitals – 104 points
- Florida Panthers – 99 points – Wild Card
- Pittsburgh Penguins – 98 points
- Columbus Blue Jackets – 97 points
- Buffalo Sabres – 92 points – Wild Card
- Carolina Hurricanes – 89 points
- New Jersey Devils – 87 points
- Philadelphia Flyers – 85 points
- New York Islanders – 76 points
- New York Rangers – 73 points
- Montreal Canadiens – 72 points
- Detroit Red Wings – 63 points
- Ottawa Senators – 51 points
- Vegas Golden Knights – 118 points
- San Jose Sharks – 115 points
- Winnipeg Jets – 109 points
- Nashville Predators – 106 points
- St. Louis Blues – 99 points
- Anaheim Ducks – 97 points
- Los Angeles Kings – 93 points – Wild Card
- Dallas Stars – 91 points – Wild Card
- Minnesota Wild – 90 points
- Colorado Avalanche – 90 points
- Calgary Flames – 88 points
- Arizona Coyotes – 88 points
- Edmonton Oilers – 79 points
- Chicago Blackhawks – 77 points
- Vancouver Canucks – 70 points
- Stanley Cup Champions: Toronto Maple Leafs
- Western Conference Champions: San Jose Sharks
- Eastern Conference Champions: Toronto Maple Leafs
- Presidents’ Trophy: Vegas Golden Knights
- Conn Smythe Trophy: John Tavares (TOR)
- Hart Memorial Trophy: Connor McDavid (EDM)
- Art Ross Trophy: Connor McDavid (EDM)
- James Norris Memorial Trophy: Erik Karlsson (SJS)
- Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy: Patrik Laine (WPG)
- Vezina Trophy: Sergei Bobrovsky (CBJ)
- William M. Jennings Trophy: Pekka Rinne (NSH)
- Frank J. Selke Trophy: Ryan O’Reilly (STL)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Aleksander Barkov (FLA)
- Calder Memorial Trophy: Rasmus Dahlin (BUF)
- Ted Lindsay Award: Connor McDavid (EDM)