It may only be the middle of the week, but it’s also already the end of the first month of 2018!
If it feels like January flew right by, it could be due to all the great events you attended over the past 30 days…. and there’s no reason to stop now.
Here’s a list of five great activities to check out in Calgary today.
- Here's when you can see the Super Blue Blood Moon eclipse in Canada
- Frank Turner's 2018 tour is coming to Calgary this September
- 2017 Citizen Satisfaction Survey shows recovery from Calgary's economic hardship
- What: Experience works of art that explore light in various forms created by various artists.
- When: January 25 to February 7
- Time: 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Where: Wallace Galleries – 500, 5th Avenue SW
- Admission: FREE
- What: Join Theatre Calgary for this romantic, hilarious misadventure of two twins as they are forced to find their way in a foreign land after a tragic shipwreck.
- When: January 30 to February 24
- Time: 2 pm or 7:30 pm
- Where: Theatre Calgary – 220 90th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35 to $124
Grab some ice cream
- What: Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to dabble in some frozen deliciousness. There are various great local ice creameries situated throughout Calgary’s most popular neighbourhoods, which makes it the perfect excuse to do a bit of exploring. Pssst… we hear monogram has recently launched hot chocolate ice cream – no, we’re not kidding!
- What: Skate amidst the beauty of downtown Calgary at everyone’s favourite outdoor rink.
- When: Now to mid-March
- Time: weather dependent, from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: Olympic Plaza – 228 8th Avenue SE
- Admission: Free
- What: Canada will be able to see the Super Blue Blood Moon eclipse in the early hours of Wednesday morning, which Nasa has called the “lunar trifecta” as it features a super moon, a blue moon, and a blood moon.
- When: Wednesday, January 31
- Time: Alberta will see a start time of 3:51 am, peaking at 6:29 am, and ending just before work around 8:20 am
- Where: Up!