The sky is blue, the sun is shining, and you’ve got a beautiful spring day ahead of you!
The big question is: What are you going to do?
- Calgarian trio hoping to break 7 world records this April
- Giant pandas have begun journey from Toronto to the Calgary Zoo
- Calgary man goes viral with urban Canoe photo of flooded street (PHOTOS)
- What: Looking for a spot to catch the games with all the basketball fanatics? National on 10th will have EVERY game up on the big screens. So come grab a beer and cheer on your favourite players!
- When: March 11 to April 2
- Time: Varies depending on the game
- Where: National on 10 – 341 10th Avenue SW
- What: COming all the way from the National Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, this exciting exhibition has been travelling North America for the last 10 years and Calgary marks it’s final destination. Excite your senses with this unique cultural experience that will show you everything you need to know about the king of the ocean; the whale. The exhibit shows everything from life-size whale skeletons to the evolution of these creatures and understanding how they communicate. There is so much to know about these beautiful beings.
- When: January 20 to June 20
- Where: Telus Spark – 220 St. George’s Drive NE
- Tickets: Online, $26
- What: Starring one of Calgary’s most renowned actors, Stephen Hair, this productions brings a Shakespeare classic to life! With life hanging by a thread, watch how an aging king resolves to divide his kingdom between his daughters and, in return, reveals the core of his own humanity.
- When: March 15 to 31
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: 115 9th Avenue SE
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Thanksgiving is always an interesting time for every family, but for the Blake’s it’s the tipping point for old tensions to resurface and personal secrets to be revealed. Join them in their New York City Chinatown apartment and see for yourself why this Broadway sensation is something to be thankful for!
- When: March 6 to 31
- Time: Various per show
- Where: Max Bell Theatre
- Tickets: Online, $55 to $103
- What: Looking for a unique first date idea, or just something new to check out around the city? Come as a performer or audience member and see for yourself some of the top spoken word talent in the city!
- When: Monday, March 26
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Dickens Pub – 9th Avenue at 9th Street SW
- Cost: Free to attend