Environment Canada has issued a wind warning for Metro Vancouver on Tuesday.
The warning is in effect for the following areas:
- Metro Vancouver – central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
“Widespread gusty winds are expected over Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and Howe Sound today,” states Environment Canada.
- See also:
Areas of Metro Vancouver are expected to see gusts up to 70 km/h this morning.
“As the low crosses Vancouver Island, winds will abruptly switch from southeasterly to very strong, gusty southwesterlies late in the morning. Widespread winds of 60 km/h gusting to 90 km/h are expected across Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.”
Winds are expected to subside this evening.