FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Please note: As recommended by BC’s provincial health officials, if you choose to participate in events or leisure activities outside of your home, please adhere to COVID-19 health and safety measures, including proper physical distancing and frequent handwashing. If you are sick, please stay home.
The annual World Naked Bike Ride returns to Vancouver this weekend.
Each year, the ‘positive’ protest rolls through downtown streets to make a statement against car culture, oil spills, and pipelines.
Since 2004, cities from around the world have joined the liberating movement, making this the world’s largest naked event promoting cycling.
This year’s event will take place on Saturday, August 8 at 5 pm. Participants should meet at Third Beach and wear a mask. As well, attendees should practice physical distancing during the event.
“Body painting and performances will take place before the ride. Arrive between noon and sunset to catch some of the action and some of the paint! The ride and pre-ride activities are all free. The event is a celebration of creativity and a protest against car culture and dirty energy. It’s time to stop indecent exposure to automobile emissions!” said, organizers in a release.
- See also:
As far as a method of transportation, anything goes, from bikes to skateboards, to rollerblades. Remember, although this is a naked event, come wearing shoes and sunscreen. Also, come with a set of clothes for after the ride.
Attendees are encouraged to decorate their bikes. Remember to ride safely and wear a helmet.
Organizers have also outlined the following rules:
- Wear a helmet! We want our riders to be safe.
- Bare as you dare! Wear fun, attention-grabbing clothes, costumes, accessories, and paints! (No fetish gear allowed)
- This is a body-positive event. Respect the diversity of the many body-types and genders
- This is NOT a sexual event. We want everyone to feel safe.
- Private parts are still private. Don’t grope, touch, or ogle other peoples’ parts. Please don’t bring yours or their private parts up as a topic of conversation with someone you don’t know.
- This is a “Leave No Trace” event. Don’t litter and take everything out that you bring in. Including your clothes.
When: Saturday, August 8, 2020
Time: Meet at 5 pm ride at 8 pm
Where: Third Beach
Cost: Free of charge, donations are encouraged