Pull out those Super Soakers and stock up on water balloons as the Vancouver Waterfight is coming back for another year.
The biggest, wettest water fight to ever hit Vancouver is making its highly-anticipated return to Stanley Park on Saturday, August 11.
The annual event is returning for its eleventh consecutive year. Hosted by Flash Mob Vancouver, the water fight sees hundreds of Vancouverites take to the Lumberman’s Arch at Stanley Park.
At 1 pm, the sound of a horn blast will let participants know that action is underway.
There are, of course, a few rules of engagement to follow:
- No weapons aside from water pistols, and clean up after your water balloons
- Don’t do anything stupid, and if you see others being stupid, tell them to knock it off
- Dress for the occasion – wear a bathing suit
- Don’t terrorize the public, only aim for those involved
- Don’t bring cameras unless you’re prepared for them to get wet
- Don’t take this too seriously
- Don’t litter
- Don’t bring water pistols that look like real guns
- Try not to use more water than you need
- No nudity
- No dyed water
When: Saturday, August 11
Time: 1 pm
Where: Lumberman’s Arch – Stanley Park, Vancouver