FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
The Vancouver Park Board will be reopening another golf course to the public next week.
The news follows last week’s reopening of the VanDusen Botanical Gardens and two city golf courses, Fraserview and McCleery. Since the two golf courses reopened, daily tee times at both locations have been more than 90% booked.
Langara Golf Course, the city’s third course, will reopen on Friday, May 15. Its clubhouse will remain closed, however, as the kitchen is being used by staff to prepare food for residents of the Downtown Eastside.
- See also:
The Park Board says that it’s worked closely with industry partners and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), and that “rigorous physical distancing protocols” will apply.
The following measures, which are also in place at Fraserview and McCleery, will be in effect for Langara:
- Bookings must be completed online
- Payment must be done on-site (no cash allowed)
- No walk-ups allowed
- Golfers are asked to arrive at the course no more than 20 minutes prior to tee-off and must remain in their vehicles until they are ready to play
- Golfers must also leave immediately after finishing
- A single-rider cart policy is in place for all carts
- No rental clubs will be available
- All frequent touch points such as bunker rakes, ball washers, and shoe blowers have been removed
- Flat sticks must not be touched
The perimeter trails around the Langara Golf Course will remain fully open throughout the day. Adjustments will be made as needed as provided by VCH and the provincial health pfficer.