Here comes the rain again.
Environment Canada has reissued its rainfall warning for Metro Vancouver today.
Across the region expect heavy downpours and be aware of potential flash flooding and water pooling on roads. Localized flooding in low-lying areas is also possible.
The warning has been issued for the following areas.
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
According to the weather agency, a Pacific frontal system has stalled over the region resulting in continued heavy rainfall for Metro Vancouver. Total rainfall amounts will vary considerably from about 50 mm over southern sections to near 90 mm close to the mountains.
The rain will ease later tonight as the front moves out of the region.
- Canopy Growth is ready to enter the new US hemp market
- Environment Canada issues rainfall warning for Metro Vancouver