Summer yoga season is nearly here Vancouverites, and free outdoor yoga starts this Saturday, June 1, with Mat Collective’s 2019 outdoor summer yoga series.
- Rogers Arena Sportsbar open for Raptors games in the NBA Finals
- $1.6 million in provincial funding announced for Honda Celebration of Light
- Kick off the summer season at this year's Strathcona Street Party
Free classes are offered each week, and “this year we are focusing on providing unique class styles, exploring new geographic areas, and pushing interesting collaborations,” said Selina Pechlaner, co-founder and head of Mat Collective.
Classes run from June through the end of August, and styles include flow, hatha, baby and me, therapeutic, and more.
Day and evening classes will be held outside at Mat Collective’s three locations:
- Main Street
and E 32nd Ave (inside Riley Park),
- Kits Beach (1015 Maple Street at Ogden Ave), and East
- Van 520 East 1st Ave (at Emily Carr’s Wilson Arts Plaza) all summer long
In an effort to be barrier free and make fitness accessible to everyone, Mat Collective also offers recycled yoga mats to students through an energy exchange.
“Yoga, by nature, should be accessible and shared with the community,” says Selina. “Whether you are feeling the financial pinch of living in Vancouver and need an affordable activity, are looking to make new friends or meet neighbours, or are trying to spend more time outside this summer, you are welcome here.”
Mat Collective’s full summer schedule is available online.