The finale Celebration Concert for Vancouver Mural Festival (VFM) will be expanded into a two-day event in the summer of 2019.
Earlier this month, the Vancouver Park Board approved Live Nation Canada’s application to expand the Celebration Concert at Jonathan Rogers Park in Mount Pleasant with one additional day.
This concert, capping the week-long arts and culture festival, will start on Friday, August 9 and run through the evening of Saturday, August 10.
But there is a caveat.
Organizers say the first day of the two-day concert may not be a part of VMF’s direct programming, as they are currently still in negotiations with Live Nation. The Friday concert could potentially become a Live Nation event that generates proceeds to help fund the cost of VMF’s community concert on Saturday.
According to organizers, last year’s inaugural one-day, ticketed Celebration Concert attracted 2,000 people and did not receive any complaints.
Next year’s all-ages Celebration Concert will take over the entire city block-sized park, with mural activations and other expanded programming, a live music stage, food trucks, and liquor. The concert site can fit up to 5,500 people.
VFM will take over the streets and walls of Mount Pleasant between August 5 and 10 in 2019.
- This interactive map shows every mural of the 2018 Vancouver Mural Festival (MAP)
- Over 125,000 visitors expected for the 2018 Vancouver Mural Festival Street Party
- Massive outdoor concert added to Vancouver Mural Festival 2018
- Almost 30 street artists will colour the city for Vancouver Mural Festival 2018
- Follow these awesome Vancouver Mural Festival artists on Instagram