Start your September with one of these five concerts happening in Vancouver from August 31 to September 6. There’s the Richmond World Festival, Phoenix and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Canadian and international music stars Magic! and Lights will headline the fourth annual Richmond World Festival, taking place next month. Presented by Coast Capital Savings, the nationally award-winning festival will once again present a smorgasbord of music, arts, food and culture from around the globe.
- When: Friday, August 31 to Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Time: 4 to 10 pm (Friday) and 11 to 10 pm (Saturday)
- Where: Minoru Park & Richmond Cultural Centre Plaza – 7191 Granville Avenue, Richmond
- What: Portugal. The Man and Broken Social Scene are taking over the main stage at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby, with special guests.
- When: Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Deer Lake Park – 6450 Deer Lake Drive, Burnaby
- Tickets: Starting at $59.50 – Tickets available via Ticketmaster
- What: Vancouver’s Queer Long Weekend Jam features special guests Immigrant Lessons, plus Body Party, DJ Kookum, Skylar Love, Adia and more.
- When: Sunday, September 2
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- Cover: $15
- What: Phoenix, a Grammy award-winning band from France, make their long-awaited return to Vancouver. Some of their more noticeable performances have been in 2013, when they headlined both Coachella and Rock en Seine, and headlining the Governors Ball in 2017. They’ve also played in front of sold-out shows at New York City’s Madison Square Garden and Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl.
- When: Monday, September 3, 2018
- Time: Doors at 6:30 pm, show at 7:30 pm
- Where: The Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online
- What: For the 11 days of the Vancouver Fringe, the Fringe Bar features a variety of local bands and artists each night. Acts include Ponytails on September 6, Harlequin Gold on September 9, and Kimmortal on September 13.
- When: Thursday, September 6 to Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Time: 6 pm to late from Monday to Friday, and 1 pm to late on Saturday and Sunday
- Where: Ocean Art Works on Granville Island
- Admission: Free