Uniqlo says that its locations across Western Canada will be reopening to the public this week.
Stores were temporarily closed in mid-March to further prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The five following locations will reopen as of May 21 under reduced hours:
- Metrotown — Monday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm; Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm; Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm
- Guildford Town Centre — Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm; Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm; Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm
- CF Richmond Centre — Monday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm
- Coquitlam Centre — Monday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm
- West Edmonton Mall — Monday to Friday from 11 am to 7 pm; Saturday from 12 to 7 pm; Sunday from 12 to 6 pm
A number of health and safety measures have been implemented. Like many other stores, store capacity within Uniqlo retailers is being reduced to allow for physical distancing. If a store is at capacity, customers will be required to line up outside.
Prior to entering, customers will also need to have their temperature checked. The same measure will apply to staff, who will take daily temperature checks and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during shifts. Hand sanitization stations are also being placed at the entrance of the store and at cash registers.
- See also:
Inside the store, acrylic barriers are being installed at checkout counters and frequent cleaning is being done in high-traffic areas, such as where cash is handled and where shopping baskets are placed.
At this point in time, fitting rooms will be closed to the public. In-store returns will be permitted, although the clothing will be held for 48 hours before becoming available for purchase again. Uniqlo’s clothing donation program has also been closed until further notice.
A Uniqlo spokesperson told Daily Hive that only the five locations in Western Canada are being reopened. The remaining eight stores in Canada, all of which are in Ontario, remain closed until further notice.