Uber announces service expansion in Metro Vancouver
Just hours after Lyft announced it’s expanded its operations in Metro Vancouver, Uber said on Monday that it has also increased its service area in the region.
“For more than a month, the Uber app has been available in Metro Vancouver to connect drivers with people looking for a ride,” said Uber in an email. “Since day one, we’ve been proud to offer the largest ridesharing service area, including Vancouver, UBC, Burnaby, Richmond, the Tri-Cities and many communities south of the Fraser and on the North Shore.”
- Lyft is expanding its operating region to (almost) all of Metro Vancouver
- Lyft unveils pricing structure for Metro Vancouver ride-hailing customers
- Metro Vancouver will have single region-wide ride-hailing business licence
- Here’s how much it will cost to take Uber and Lyft in Vancouver
- Here’s how the rates compare between Uber, Lyft, and taxis in Vancouver
The company said it promised on launch day that it would be expanding its operations, and now, it said, that day has come.
“Today we’re excited to announce that the Uber app will be available in even more regions of Metro Vancouver including Langley, South Surrey/White Rock, Tsawwassen and West Vancouver,” the company said. Uber also provided an updated map of the area it now services, and it plans to post the new list of locations on its website as well.
The updated service area can be seen in the included map below and will be posted later here.