The University of British Columbia (UBC) has been rated among the top 10 schools for scientific impact in North America, according to a new ranking.
- UBC ranked number 1 in the world for its efforts on climate change
- UBC ranked one of world's best universities for multiple subjects
- UBC: New campus housing and SkyTrain extension not an 'either or' situation
- New renderings of UBC's 1,000-bed student residence around Gage Towers
- UBC library program ranked #1 in the world
The ranking comes courtesy of the 2019 Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) Leiden ranking, which is meant to offer “important insights into the scientific performance of nearly 1,000 major universities worldwide.”
UBC President Santa Ono shared the findings of the survey on social media.
The website for the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2019 notes its findings are based on bibliographic data from the Web of Science database, produced by Clarivate Analytics.
The Leiden Ranking does not take into account conference proceedings publications and book publications.
This, the website notes, “is an important limitation in certain research fields, especially in computer science, engineering, and the social sciences and humanities.”