Hundreds of U2 fans who missed out on seeing support act Mumford & Sons play at BC Place due to admission delays, could be in for some freebies.
Mumford & Sons ended up playing to an almost empty stadium back in May, after delayed ticketholders got stuck outside the gates.
The cause of the delays was not confirmed, but there were reportedly problems scanning both tickets and credit cards, a method used to prevent ticket re-selling.
— Scotty Thomas (@scottys_garage) May 13, 2017
— Jordan Consulting (@cadijordan) May 13, 2017
BC Place spokesperson Duncan Blomfield told Daily Hive that the stadium and Ticketmaster are now compensating ticketholders on a verified, case-by-case basis.
Blomfield provided Daily Hive with a copy of the email being sent out to apologize to ticketholders who had previously complained to BC Place.
BC Place is offering U2 fans tickets to a BC Lions game or a Whitecaps FC match, during the 2017 or 2018 regular seasons, according to the email.
Each game ticket will include a $20 food and beverage voucher for use at BC Place, the email says.
As well, Ticketmaster will be sending U2 fans a $50 gift card for each ticket purchased, valid for any event at any venue listed on Ticketmaster Canada and Ticketmaster US.
Here’s the full email being sent out to ticketholders:
Thank you for your response to our last e-mail regarding your recent concert experience at BC Place, and for your patience as we have worked through this process.
On behalf of BC Place and Ticketmaster, we sincerely apologize for the significant inconvenience that you experienced on May 12th. We want to assure you we continue to address the contributing factors so a similar situation does not happen again.
We appreciate you providing the requested ticket information to us. Ticketmaster has verified this information, and will be sending you a $50 gift card for each ticket purchased. You can use this gift card towards tickets for any event at any venue sold by Ticketmaster listed on www.ticketmaster.ca or www.ticketmaster.com. Gift cards are scheduled to be sent during the week commencing July 10, and will be delivered by regular mail to the billing address associated with your Ticketmaster profile. To ensure your billing address is up to date, log in to your Ticketmaster account, select Edit Profile then select Payment Options.
In addition to the Ticketmaster gift card, BC Place would like to welcome you back to the Stadium as our guest to attend either a BC Lions game, or a Whitecaps FC match, during the 2017 or 2018 regular seasons (one complimentary ticket for each verified purchase). Each game ticket will include a $20 Food and Beverage voucher per ticket that can be used toward your choice of food and drink served at BC Place. Details on how to redeem your tickets and vouchers are provided below.
Once again, thank you for candidly sharing with us your concert experience. BC Place is dedicated to delivering excellent customer service at every event, and we acknowledge that on this occasion we let you down. We look forward to welcoming you back to BC Place as our guest in the near future, and delivering on this service commitment to you.
BC Place Guest Relations and Ticketmaster
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR BC LIONS OR WHITECAPS FC TICKET AND FOOD & BEVERAGE VOUCHERS:
1. Review BC Place’s event schedule and choose which BC Lions or Whitecaps FC regular season home game you would like to attend. The schedule of upcoming events can be found at www.bcplace.com/events, www.bclions.com/schedule or www.whitecapsfc.com/schedule. Note, event dates for the 2018 seasons will be announced in early 2018. Tickets for specific event dates are subject to availability while quantities last. We encourage you to advise us of your preferred choice at your earliest opportunity.
2. Email your selection to: [email protected] using the words “EVENT SELECTION” in the subject line.
3. In the body of the email, indicate:
a) YOUR CHOSEN EVENT,
b) EVENT DATE,
c) NUMBER OF TICKETS (one per verified ticket)
4. Please send your request no less than fifteen (15) days before the event to allow for processing.
5. Your tickets and food & beverage vouchers will be available for you to collect from Will Call at BC Place on your chosen event day. Please ensure you bring valid government-issued photo ID to present at the ticket window.
6. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest at BC Place.